Sync for JIRA Documentation
Sync for JIRA plugin provides synchronization between two JIRAs. It is even possible to target your local JIRA system and transfer issues between JIRA projects on the same instance.
To install Sync for JIRA, follow these steps:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators.
- Select Add-ons from the Administration menu at the top right of your screen.
You can install the Add-On in two ways : Install the Add-On from Marketplace or Upload an Add-On.
Upload an Add-On
- Click the Manage Add-ons link. (Picture 1)
- Click the Upload Add-on link at the top right side of the page.
The 'Upload Add-on' dialog appears.
- Locate the Sync for JIRA plug-in
- Upload the .jar executable file that you have downloaded from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Install the Add-On from Marketplace
- Click the Find New Add-ons link. (Picture 2)
- Enter a search string in the Search the Marketplace box.
- To install the add-on, click the Install button for free add-ons or the Buy Now or Free Trial buttons for paid add-ons.
How to Configure
Open Add-ons section from the Administration menu. Choose Sync For JIRA from REMOTE JIRA SYNC ADMIN SECTION.
You will see a screen as below. (Picture 3)
- Synchonizer select list button lets you select synchonizer settings.
- Add New Synchonizer button lets you add synchonizer settings.
- Delete Synchronizer button lets you delete synchonizer settings.
- Synchonizer Enabled checkbox lets you to do Synchonizer Setting is enabled or disable.
Get Updates checkbox lets you get your updates in your issues.
- Synchonizer Name is the name which is used in the local JIRA.
- Interval is frequency. This means the time of sync in minutes. ( Ex : 10 ) means 10 minute. After interval value sets, 'Next Run Date' will change '+1' minutes. After that sync will be perform for testing. Next Run Date will be + interval time.
- Description field lets you to write description about synchonizer.
- Save All Settings button lets you save the changes.Synchronization will be done regarding your Interval.
- Upload All Settings button allows you to upload your settings to JIRA whereas Download All Settings allows you to download your settings as file.
- Run This Synchonizer Now button gives you a chance to do synchronization without waiting the refresh time.
You will see a screen as below when you click on Connection Settings Tab. (Picture 4)
12.Remote JIRA URL is used to connect to the remote JIRA.
13.Test Connection button lets you to control for connection is successfull or fail.
14. JQL Query is an issue filter which enables you to get the specific issues from the remote JIRA.
15.Maximum issue is the number of issues which will be synchronized in each sync period
16.Local username is the name of your local JIRA logged in user's username
17.Project Name is the project where the incoming issues from remote JIRA will be created in your own JIRA.
18.Issue type is the new issue type of the incoming issues from remote JIRA.
You will see a screen as below when you click on Failed Issues Tab. (Picture 5)
19.Failed Issues will be mailed to given address(es). E-mail adresses must be splitted with comma (,).
You can see failed issues. (Picture 6)
Fields could be the system fields or the custom fields.
- Supported system fields : Summary (default), description, resolution, priority,due date.
- Supported custom field types : Number Fields, Date-Time Picker, Text Fields, User Picker, Check Boxes, Radio Buttons, Multiple and Single Select Lists.
Here you can find the configuration :
System Fields and Custom Fields:
- First, choose the custom field or system fields on the left side which is located in your own JIRA.
- Then choose the matching custom field or system fields located on the remote JIRA.
You will see a screen as below when you click on Fields Tab. (Picture 7)
Change Login Details Option
When you install the plugin "Change Login Details" option comes as enabled in order to see the Remote Username and Remote Password.
Configuration for the first time: (Picture 8)
When you open the configuration page again, "Change Login Details" option is initially disabled. (Picture 9)
In order to see the username and password, click the "Change Login Details" checkbox, password will be hidden. (Picture 10)
With this feature, when you download the configuration settings, your password will not be stored for security purpose.
You can see an example configuration screen below .
Regarding this screen :
- The issues which has "task" type, will be taken from remote JIRA to your own JIRA.
- Issues will be created in the Project Management project with the "Task" issue type.
- "Summary (default)" and "Description" fields will be synced.
- "Admin" will be the reporter.
- Systems will be synced in every 1 minute.
- If you select Comments-Worklogs checkbox, system will sync comments-worklogs.
- if you select Attachments chechbox, system will sync attachments.
New information appears
Last Run Date : The date of the last sync time.
Next Run Date : The date when the system will be synchronized again.
Issue which is in your Remote JIRA: (Picture 14)
New issue which is created in your own JIRA: (Picture 15)
5. Previous JIRA Versions Support
For the customers are using older JIRA Server versions: Please visit "Version History" page of this plugin and download the compatible version.
Let us know if you encounter any problem about Sync for JIRA plug-in.
You can email email@example.com for technical support.